Main Purpose of the Job
To manage both incoming/receipts and issues of stock/materials physically and in the ERP system. The storekeeper is responsible for maintaining accuracy and integrity of the store(s) by ensuring that inventory records including all associated documentation and record keeping for accounting purposes are kept up to date. Develop and maintain a professional relationship with all stakeholders including third parties, courier companies, and suppliers.
Key Performance Areas.
· Receives and inspects all incoming goods and reconciles with purchase orders.
· Unpacks and receive materials into the company stockroom, count stock items, and record data.
· Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisor.
· Documents, tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
· Verifies the content of boxes from vendors and prepares it for stocking on the storeroom shelves.
· Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in the storeroom or other areas
· Stock materials on the shelves and transacts into the inventory database.
· Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
· Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies.
· Work closely with the Procurement Officer on supplier invoices, confirmation of receipt of goods and
· other related matters
· Ensures all items issued from stock are recorded and transacted from inventory database weekly,
· and communicates with Accountant once transacted.
· Ensures minimum stock thresholds are maintained, all stock requirements are sent to the Procurement officer on time.
· Liaise with production and ensure production requirements are met with minimal disruption.
· Minimum of BGCSE
· Certificate in materials management or higher diploma in relevant field
· Computer literacy
· 4 years relevant experience
· Demonstrates character and professionalism
Knowledge of and understanding of procurement processes and systems
· Planning and organizing
· Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
· Collaborate productively and communicates with impact.
If you would like to join our exciting and fast-growing team, please submit your resume/CV and covering letter to: Human Resources Manager, Laurelton Diamonds Botswana either by post, online or hand delivery to:
P O Box 26517 Next to the Diamond Technology Park, Plot 61126, Block 8, Gaborone BOTSWANA
Or email to [email protected]
Application close date: 9th June 2023