EXTERNAL ADVERT: VACANCY CIRCULAR NUMBER 2 OF 2023
HEAVY PLANT DIESEL MECHANICS X 4
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To repair, overhauls, maintains and services diesel-powered automobiles, heavy duty trucks
especially Mercedes Benz and pickup trucks. The candidate should be able to maintain,
service Mining equipment, have full understanding on hydraulics and pneumatics. Diagnoses
equipment problems and determines repairs needed and demonstrates continues effort to
improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Cambridge / O’level certificate
• National Trade Certificate (NTC 3)/ National Craft Certificate in Heavy Plant Mechanics.
• Driver’s Licence.
• 5 years Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanical experience (Heavy Duty Trucks) in Quarry /Brick
Industry or Heavy Plant Industry.
• Knowledge of fleet management system will be an added advantage.
• Fabricates, constructs, installs and repairs equipment and machinery;
• Diagnoses equipment problems and determines repairs needed;
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and
streamline work processes;
• Performs daily safety and maintenance checks;
• Repairs, overhauls, maintains, and services diesel powered vehicles, heavy trucks, heavy
construction equipment, graders, dump trucks and excavators;
• Repairs, overhauls maintains and services fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling
systems, air conditioning systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems, major
internal engine repairs or overhaul, installation and alignment of engines and machinery;
• Repairs, overhauls, maintains and services drive trains and final drives, hydraulic
transmissions, power take offs, tracked vehicle suspension and steering;
• Practices workplace safety.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager
Makoro Brick & Tile (Pty) Ltd
Private Bag 62
Or can be send via email: [email protected]
If you do not get response within 7 days of the closing date know that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 06th June 2023