This position will be responsible for planning, supervising, directing and coordinating job performance and activities of Cabin Crew (Flight Attendants) and Support Staff ensuring the safety and security of cabin operations and the overall standards of in-flight cabin services provided on Air Botswana fleet.
Manage cabin or flight crew performance
- Develop functional strategy, implementation plans aligned to the business objectives. Monitors and reports on performance.
- Determine performance standards for cabin crew. Oversee overall cabin crew performance at the organisational level
- Endorse recommendations to enhance service quality and/or flight operations
- Oversee overall cabin crew performance at the organisational level. Design, arrange, train and implement cabin service standards.
Manages Cabin Crew Audits
- Review audit results to identify areas for service enhancement
- Maintaining high cabin crew service quality standards in aircraft operations
Promotes Customer Focus and Relationships Development
- Responsible for the management and supervision of all cabin operation activities, and is accountable to senior management for ensuring safety and security of cabin operations and ongoing conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures.
- Develop, implement and review policies and procedures for compliance, quality and corporate standards.
Safety and Quality Management
- Ensure routine monitoring of safety and quality critical activities and ongoing conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures.
- Ensure cabin ground and Inflight training, testing, are done within prescribed statutory periods and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that the department complies with all the Botswana and International regulations as stipulated in the CAAB CARS and technical standards as stipulated in CAAB CATS
- Ensures that operation of aircrafts is in compliance with IOSA requirements
- Formulates Scorecards, Monitors and report on business plan Performance
- Hold direct reports accountable for performance planning and achievement of business plans
Minimum Education Required
- A recognized Degree in Business Management or related discipline.
- A recognized Cabin Crew Licence.
- A Quality Assurance Auditors course and IATA Flight Operations Management course would be an added advantage.
Minimum Experience Required
- A minimum of six (6) years post graduate experience of which three (3) years should have been in a role in middle to senior management level within a similar environment.
- Broad knowledge of applicable aviation regulations and extensive knowledge in developing, implementing and auditing cabin standard will be an added advantage.
Required Competencies (Technical and Behavioural)
Strategic Thinking, Planning and Organising, Process Improvement and Optimisation, Customer Focus, Commercial Awareness, Standard Operating Procedures, Stakeholder Management, Change Management, Crisis Communication and Media Management, Cabin Crew Performance Management, Hazard and Risk Control and Policy Management, Business Negotiation, Airline Operations Management, Regulatory Compliance, Leadership and Direction, Drive for Results (Pursuing Success), Manages Complexity (Solution Analysis), Ensures Accountability, Teamwork & Collaborative Influence.
CLOSING DATE: 7th June 2023