REPORTS TO: General Manager Finance
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
• To manage BTC’s working capital covering sales inventory cash and banking, creditors, payroll, payments and receipts.
• Manage the departmental internal and external annual audits process and be accountable for the audit findings closure
• Manage working capital, carry out analysis for performance management and reporting.
• Develop comprehensive Treasury Policies and ensure compliance with treasury and accounting policies and conventions.
• Manage the payment of taxes (such as Withholding Taxes, Corporate Tax, Value Added Tax and PAYE), levies and fees to regulatory bodies.
• Manage all BTC bank accounts and other financial institutions accounts according to the agreed treasury management policy.
• Develop a highly productive, skilled and motivated workforce in the Finance Control Department
• Manage payroll; participation in formulation of payroll budget, ensuring performance against budget, compliance with conditions of service, policies and the execution of the payment process.
• Degree in Financial Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent qualification.
• Masters’ Degree in Business administration will be an added advantage.
• Professional Asset Management qualification
• Nine (9) years post qualification experience in the financial control or accounting field.
• Three (3) years’ financial management experience in a corporate turnaround environment will be an added advantage
LEGAL CERTIFICATION / PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
• Full Professional Accounting qualification i.e. ACCA, CIMA, CA
• BICA Compliant.
• Membership of a relevant professional association will be an added advantage
Remuneration: The Company offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience.
If you fit the bill, kindly send your application, latest CV and certified copies of certificates and Identity document (OMANG) to: [email protected], Attention: General Manager – Support Services and Human Resources, P.O Box 700 Gaborone
NB: We respond to shortlisted candidates only.
CLOSING DATE: 22nd September 2023