GRADUATE TRAINEE HR INFORMATION SYSTEM OFFICER (X1) GABORONE- 3 YEAR FIXED CONTRACT
Botswana Power Corporation is driven by the desire to develop future human capital to ensure that there is a pool of talented and capable young employees within the Energy Industry. The Corporation is looking for talented graduates with high potential to be developed and groomed into high performing employees. This opportunity is well suited for Graduates who are looking to start a career in the Energy Industry, applicants who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana are invited to apply for the below listed position not later than 11th June 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To assist support effective HR, Recruitment and Payroll Services of the Corporation through implementation and optimization of the HR Information System and associated business processes.
- Leads on the modification and creation of aspects of information systems, for example, changing modules within the HR software system
- Assists with the management of HR systems, as required, in terms of (but not limited to): documenting the configuration of the systems; maintaining data field names, screen locations, security, type, staff information etc; functionality of data processing and process flows; updating system values and tables
- Maximises the utilisation of HR systems to automate standard processes
- Ensures timely release of information relating to systems upgrades and changes to processes
- Deals with systems queries and process requests in relation to problem solving, systems configuration and technical faults
- Ensures that the system complies with data security and privacy requirements.
- Generates, automates, and produces operational reports and management information, adhering to defined templates and ensuring compliance with information security protocols
- Assists in delivering systems administration and maintain and provide user support for the Human Resources Information System and other applications
- Attends to customer enquiries, complaints, requests, and queries to their satisfaction with the assistance of the HR Team.
- Avails information to Customers/Stakeholders as requested to maintain good working relationships between the BPC and the third parties
- Assist with reviewing and documenting processes undertaken within HR and making recommendations for their development
- Researches best practices and recommends ideal talent management processes for the Corporation.
- Analyses user requirements which may require configuration of software/hardware
- Delivers own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organisations safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- Recognised Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Successful completion of intenship programme is required
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 11th June 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.