ASSISTANT FLEET TECHNICAL OFFICER (X1)- MORUPULE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 11th June 2023.
Main purpose of the position
Performs fleet operations activities in accordance with laid down policies, procedures, and safety standards.
- Carries out mechanical and electrical repairs as required.
- Generate purchase requisition, fast track purchase order, create service entries, and resolve operational queries.
- Tests and inspects various machines, adjusting work sequence and/or other variables to improve efficiency.
- Arrange recovery, conduct pre and post inspection for accident damaged vehicles and liase with risk officer for panel beating and other repairs.
- Supervise Extra Heavy-Duty drivers to ensure smooth transportation of staff to and from work.
- Ensures compliance to shift roaster, availability of buses, facilitate local and cross broader trips.
- Administers pool system and maintains accurate records of vehicles.
- Implements improvements and carries out change management tasks by following established procedures to support others.
- Analyses and resolves queries timeously to maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Monitors contracts tasks following contracts procedures.
- Ensure quality outputs and value for money.
- Supervises on-site service providers
- Identifies, assesses, prioritizes, and manages risks at an elementary level, under supervision
- Ensures compliance to SHE procedures when carrying out duties.
- Promotes safety awareness in line with SHE requirements through periodic audits and inspections.
- A recognized Diploma in Automotive Engineering/ Transport Management or equivalent
- At least 3 years post-qualification experience as a mechanic in an environment with a large fleet of vehicles.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Class B driver’s license
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 11th June 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.