The Botswana Open University is looking for self-motivated, solution-driven individual who has the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a proven track record to occupy the Assistant Accountant position.
Main Purpose of the Job
• To perform accounting duties, as well as supporting financial management across different University functions,and assisting in analysing financial data in accordance with the International Financial Standards and regulations of the University.
• To ensure timely receipts and payments.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in accounting or AAT (full qualification) or part-qualification of ACCA/CIMA/BICA.
• Minimum of two year’s experience in a computerised accounting environment.
Key Performance Areas
• Process all sundry and creditors payments in accordance with the procedures of the University to ensure accurate and timely payment.
• Maintain the general ledger by capturing monies disbursed as imprest and/or petty cash to ensure accurate records.
• Collect payments from both internal and external clients and maintains accurate records in accordance with the University standards to ensure effective financial accounting.
•Process payment of salaries and expenses of all University employees in accordance with the University standards.
• Prepare and manage budget for Regional Campus.
• Manage fixed assets of the Regional Campus.
• Petty cash, imprest, cash and bank management.
• Creditors and debtors’ management.
• Prepare audit schedule and attend to audits.
• Attention to detail.
• Good numeracy skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Team Player
Applications, together with copies of current CV, relevant certified copies of certificates, Omang and two recent references must be sent before the closing date to the following email address: [email protected]
NB: Hand deliveries will not be accepted.
Please address to;
The Director, Human Resources
Botswana Open University
Private Bag BO 187
Closing date: 05th May 2023